Thursday, September 10, 2009

Que Honda Raconteur

I've sold out to pop culture. I rediscovered Guero by Beck because of Rock Band 2 and found The Raconteurs because of "It Might Get Loud." Interesting side note: Compared to Jack White and Jimmy Page, The Edge (from U2) sucks at guitar. In fact, I think Vire is better than The Edge at guitar.

I have also found that mixing myself with highly emotional people is a recipe for disaster. Apparently, my detached logical conclusions are the relational equivalent of potassium. Perfectly fine when left alone (or as part of banana) but when thrown into water, bad things happen. The only issue here is that my other half seems to attract emotional people as well as she attracts attention.

In other news, plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose. I work, a lot. I keep getting to the point where I'm doing my job well and people who apparently know me better than I do, remove me from a position of expertise and put me into a position where I'm way over my head. Sink or swim indeed. Thankfully, I'm not the only person here who is in the deep end.

Also, The Emerald Loop is good, open late, and very hard to find late at night when food and beer are needed. For future reference, it's on Wabash, which is east of State.

No comments: